Review: L'OREAL RENEWAL LASH SERUM

Here's an initial review on L'oreal Renewal Lash Serum

PRICE: 899php
PLACE BOUGHT: PCX, Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, Makati City
OTHER LOCATIONS: All authorized L'oreal dealers in malls nationwide

DESCRIPTION (taken from loreal-paris.co.uk)

It’s arrived: L’Oréal’s Renewal Lash Serum enriched with Arginine and Centella for a nourishing lash boost. Lashes feel fortified, look renewed. Clinically Tested.

THE VERDICT:

It's been a year, and I totally forgot to review this Serum. And now I think it's time.

I purchased this last year when it was just new in the local market. I don't know how much it costs now, but it was priced at 899php before.

I'm not a religious user, so products that require consistent usage may not work for me. But for this one, I was able to use it continuously for two months. And I think that's pretty impressive on my part!

L'oreal's Renewal Lash Serum is probably the cheapest lash enhancing serum in the market today. But is it effective? Let's find out.

Arginine is an amino acid, while Keratin is a compound that promotes healthy hair growth. Madecassoside is an extract from the Centella Asiatica plant, a plant that has a millenium- long history in Indian and Ayurvedic medicine.

Here's the applicator. It's a curved felt brush that adheres to the natural contour of the lashes, making application easier and faster.

Lash serums are known to sorta' sting the eyes because you have to apply the serum directly at the base so that the serum will make its way to the roots of your lashes. If you have low tolerance for pain, this is not for you. But don't worry, it's not as if someone squirted alcohol on your eyes. It imparts a mild stinging sensation that goes away after a while. To remedy the stinging sensation, I blink for several times until the sensation goes away.

The consistency of the serum is gel- like. It has a sharp smell that can be likened to a neutral- scented hand sanitizer.

You have to apply the serum twice a day, morning and night, for three weeks. After three weeks, you'll see the effect of the serum. For mascara users, apply the serum first, let it dry for a while, and then apply your mascara. It's best to apply the serum at night right before going to bed because the body regenerates itself every night while you're asleep. Your lashes will respond positively to the serum as it regenerates with the rest of your body.

The verdict? YES. IT'S EFFECTIVE. Here are before and after pics. Please be reminded that my lashes in the following pictures don't have anything on them except the serum. The pictures were also unedited, but I tweaked the exposure a bit because the pics came out too dark:

First week of application:

My lashes are long but they're sparse. I also have this small gap on my lash line because of an eyelash adhesive accident that happened two years ago (I'm not telling what eyelash adhesive brand this is!). Volumizing mascaras work for me, but I have to put at least 7 layers if I want to achieve a lush and dramatic look for my lashes.

AFTER 3 WEEKS:

Check out my lashes. They became longer and thicker. And the gap you saw on the first pic was completely filled in with hair! I applied this on my lower lashes as well and it produced the same results. AMAZING!

AFTER TWO MONTHS:

The results weren't as impressive as the result during my first three weeks of usage. Perhaps your lashes' ability to grow and reproduce have a ceiling, and will eventually stop if these abilities were exhausted. But will I complain? I've tried slathering Olive Oil and Castor Oil on my lashes, and they didn't do anything for my sparse lashes. This serum did the trick!

Unfortunately, I lost my tube when we moved to our current house. I am not planning to get another tube soon and exploit my lashes' growth ability. I'm happy with my lashes now. They're significantly thicker and longer. I also noticed that my lash fall was dramatically reduced from one to two lashes per day, to one to two lashes every four days! Most importantly, my mascara layers were reduced to four.

If you want thicker and longer lashes, be sure to check this miracle product out. Although one has to consider that results may vary, and this product is not a cure- all for lash problems. A product's efficacy will rely on its chemistry with the user's body. And if you want to see results, follow the instructions religiously.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. gotta have this one! Thanks, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, the effect was more on the strengthening of the strands--important for ladies who suffer from waterproof mascara-induced dry, brittle lashes.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)